DGD Workshop is part of CAiSE Conference 2023
Decentralized Governance Design workshop at CAiSE23 organized by Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, KU Leuven and University of Ghent
The 2nd International Blockchain Governance Design workshop will be organized as a workshop at the 35th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE23) in Zaragoza, Spain on June 12, 2023. The organizers are Jaap Gordijn (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam), Yves Wautelet (KU Leuven) and Geert Poels (UGent). DGD is chaired by F. Kaya from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
CAiSE has a long history for advanced computer systems. As such our academic peers at CAiSE recognizes the emergence of the Decentralized Web 3.0 and sees that this evolvement goes hand in hand with Decentralized Governance Design. Decentralized web 3.0 requires an innovative and computational approach in developing computer systems that will align with the decentralized technology architectures. Decentralization requires a deep semantic approach in how computational design can be transformed towards implementation for computer & ecosystems. Decentralized governance requires several complex technologies and methodologies to achieve the goal of collaborative interaction.
Call for Papers
Decentralized Web 3.0 is the next evolutionary step of the internet, and it is defined by focus on end-user sovereignty which is translated in decentralized design, which can be achieved through several advanced computer systems and technology such as blockchain. We define decentralized governance as the rules of engagement decided by peers collaboratively instead of a centralized actor deciding the rules.
With distributed ledger technology, we have entered the age of computational trust, in which network regulation is possible without a centralized party. Without a centralized actor, a self-organizing ecosystem requires a decentralized design approach, we refer to that as Decentralized Governance Design.
Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
- Computational Governance
- Smart Contracts & Computational Law
- Semantics of the Decentralized web 3.0
- Decentralized governance meta modeling
- Disruptive Decentralized ecosystem design
- Requirements engineering for Decentralization
- Formalized representation Decentralized Governance
- Full paper submission: 14 March 2023 [extension]
- Authors notification: 4 April 2023
- Workshop date: 12 June 2023
Paper Submission Guidelines
The proceedings of DGD 2023 will be published as one volume in the Springer LNBIP series. Submissions should:
- Respect the 12-page limit (including references).
- Comply with the following template (https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines):
- To be submitted in PDF.
- To be submitted via EasyChair selecting “2nd International Workshop on Decentralized Governance Design (DGD23)”.
Click here to submit your paper via EasyChair.
- To be submitted latest 14 March 2023.